Contact the destination VPC for official confirmation that your vehicle is available for pick-up.
Please review the following requirements before you pick up your vehicle:
1. Proof of Identity (official and valid photo-identification)
- Service Member: Military ID
- Spouse: Military or Government ID
- Agent: Official Government or State ID AND copy of Service Member’s Military ID
2. Your copy of the Vehicle Inspection & Shipping Form (VISF) or Government Form DD788
3. Power of Attorney. If the vehicle is being picked up by someone other than the Service Member (e.g. Member’s spouse, relative, friend, etc.), the Agent must present a valid Power of Attorney (POA) which authorizes them to act on behalf of the Service Member. The POA must include name of Service Member, name of appointed Agent, and vehicle VIN. A POA is not necessary if the Service Member has appointed an Agent on the VISF during turn-in processing. The Appointed Agents must also have proof of identity.
4. Vehicle Registration Documents and License Plates. Please be advised that Vehicle Processing Centers are not authorized to issue vehicle registration documents or license plate tags. Prior to your arrival at the Vehicle Processing Center, please make arrangements with your local US DMV or overseas local military registration office to ensure you operate your vehicle in compliance with all local safety and insurance requirements. Please refer to the SDDC Shipping Your POV pamphlet, “Insurance and Licensing,” for more information.
5. To remove your POV from Storage with new PCS Orders, please download and complete the Storage Vehicle Removal Request Form (click here). Please scan/email or fax this form, plus a clear and complete set of your new PCS Orders+Amendments (if applicable), to any AAL VPC or Storage facility.
6. To request an early release of your POV from Storage without new PCS Orders, please download and complete the Storage Vehicle Early Release Form (click here). Please scan/email or fax this form to any AAL VPC or Storage facility.